Monday, October 02, 2006

ATCQ



Some people will read the title and go, "WTF is ATCQ?" Well, if you don't know I'm about to school you on one of my favorite hip hop groups.
ATCQ=A Tribe Called Quest !

The Five-Footer, the Abstract Poetic and Mr. Muhammad blessed the 2K Sports Bounce Tour stage and brought Jarobi as well.

Performing songs like "Lyrics to Go", "Bonita Applebum"," El Segundo" and "A World Tour" took me back to my days of booming in the Jeep or the Blazer. The only thing that could have made the night any better would have been a visit by De La Soul, The Jungle Brothers, Monie Love or Black Sheep.

The funky diabetic, who's been rocking jerseys way before they became the prerequisite uniform of hip hop artists, took the stage rockin' a Yankees Alex Rodriguez jersey and New Era fitted. Mr. Muhammad rocked a black with white letters t-shirt that simply stated, "ATCQ". Q-Tip strangled the mic with his blue velvet blazer and poor boys cap. The man has always been a fashion-forward cat. Jarobi took the stage rockin' a Sedgwick & Cedar track jacket that he quickly banished to show the canary yellow S&C tee.

So, as the Bounce Tour comes to an end, I must say that Friday, September 29, 2006 was a highlight in my life. Now, my only wish would be for Tribe to release another album. I need one and WE need one Tribe. Time to sizzle the retina!


*Picture courtesy of Sucker DJs.*
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger