Wednesday, October 25, 2006

From point A to B


Whenever I travel, I make it a point to get on Mapquest.com ahead of time to plan my excursions so that I don't get lost. As a male whom many think are too proud to ask for directions, that's not the case with me. I pull into the nearest gas station or convenience store and ask for directions. Typically, I get someone who is lost themselves or I get a long winded 'local' that knows how to get to where I want to go, but has a hard time remembering names of streets.

I recently stumbled upon HopStop.com, a website that will help take the guess-work out of navigating city transit systems in cities such as New York, Boston, Washington, D.C., San Francisco and recently added Chicago.

Started by a Chinedu Echeruo, 33, a Nigerian-born entrepreneur who's been involved with a number of startups.

I started thinking about the problem of getting from point A to point B- and how I could leverage technology to solve it.-as told to James C. Johnson of Black Enterprise in an interview in the October 2006 issue.

HopStop is FREE and it eliminates the need to uncomfortably stand in front of subway rider in NYC, trying to find how to get around a city that has 468 stations. Trust me when I say it's uncomfortable when I've had to peer over a seated riders shoulder to read the map and even more uncomfortable when someone is leaning over and I'm seated. I typically get up and let him/her sit down to get a better view.

Check the website out for yourself and when you're planning your next visit to the Big Rotten Apple (I can get away with calling it that because I've lived there.) give the site a try and you might be able to use it to get to places such as:

Alife Rivington Club
A Bathing Ape Busy Work Shop
Brooklyn Project
DC
Dave's Quality Meats
Flight Club aka VintageKicks.com
Goliath
New Era Flagship Store
Stussy
Supreme
Union
WESC
NORT

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger