Friday, May 25, 2007

UPS is hirin'!


There are some people that I'm cool with that never seem to be able to hold a job nor do something that is mind stimulating.

Now, for my peeps that know me and call me a friend, I may or may not be writing about you. It's actually pretty funny because when I was in college, there was a crew of dudes that I would kick it with during my long-weekend breaks away from the great white North. Brooklyn became my solace and the place where I could reconnect with Black folks who were hustling and grinding to provide for their family, as well as pursuing knowledge in schools throughout the borroughs.

I knew I was always destined to do something BIG, but didn't have a clue of what it would be or what it might even look like. Well, it first took on the form of working with college students and then that morphed into banking. It was time to move up from the 'alright' house to the 'good' house. It's funny to me when people say, "money doesn't buy happiness", because I realized that when you're making money and have money in your pocket, you can do a whole lot more. Believe that!

So, for all those dudes that are still doing the same-old-same-old, keep doing your thing because you serve as motivation to a cat like me. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and realize that YOU have to make it happen and not wait for things to happen to you. Crew thick? You best believe it! We rollin'!!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger