Thursday, August 30, 2007

Sneakerhead

I'm not sure when the term "sneakerhead" was first used in modern English, but I would guess that it was in the late '80s or early '90s. Why might you ask? Well, it may have alot to do with the explosion of crack in the US and then Public Enemy's song, "Night of the Living Basehead". Cats that I know used to say that if you were fiendin' for something, then you were a 'head. So, for example, I was a known hip hop head and Jordanhead and Barkleyhead. You know what? I might have been onto something when I used the word in 1985 when talking about sneakers with my family, but I have no proof so I'll just let this ride.

Not one to try to pretend to be a linguist, but I do know how to drop some science.

Some interesting kicks scheduled for a release in October. Why?
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger