Monday, October 29, 2007

The Original Heyman: Darin Hager


Whenever I meet someone for the first time, I always relish in the moment because it’s an opportunity for me to hear their stories and get a glimpse into what makes them unique. So, when I contacted Darin, of Heyday Footwear, I was looking forward to us sitting down and hearing his stories.

It would be an understatement to say that Darin doesn’t have design and footwear knowledge oozing from his dome; he's also an amazing story teller, which is a lost art form.

Darin has worked in the footwear biz for a number of companies on a full-time basis, as well as serving as a consultant. He’s worked for companies such as New Balance, Privo, PUMA, and Sperry, to name a few.

You may be familiar with some of Darin’s forward-thinking designs created while at PUMA—the Kendo, the Scrill and the famous, Japandal.

So, go grab some paper and a pencil and take notes, because you'll hear some great stories and, trust me, you'll be hearing a lot from the Heyday camp over the coming years.

Get familiar with Heyday Footwear, because you don't want to get caught on the outside looking in going, "Hey, what's wrong with me? I'm want to live in my Heyday too!"




OSD interview: Darin Hager of Heyday Footwear




Walk GOOD!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger