Thursday, November 01, 2007

Feminist Sneakerheads?

I stumbled upon this article late last night & I read the title very quickly & said out loud, "this is going to be a good article, so I'm going to save it & read it tomorrow." Well, I read the article and it's right up my alley, because next's week's OSD talk show is going to cover this exact topic: women who love sneakers but can't get them in their size or in colors that a woman would want to wear.

What's puzzled me for some time is that Nike, Adidas, Puma, New Balance and Skechers, to name a few, have been designing sneakers for women, but haven't gotten with the program that there are women that want similar colors to the men & the sneakers that haven't been "girliefied" with pastel colors, red-lipsticked lips or hearts. The women want the "hip" or "cool" sneakers, but many of the previously named companies, are too stubborn to make them available in women's sizes or having the men's sizes start at a size 5 versus the typical size 7 (which is a size 8 or 9 in women's, depending on the manufacturer).

Maybe, just maybe, I can convince Desiree to join the OSD Talkshow next Wednesday (Nov. 7th) night & share some more details about her recent trip to the mall.

I'm out & about in the WORC & decided to post this quickly from the cell. Thank goodness for Mobile Blogger!

Peep the link:
The Gazette: Sneaker sexism sets back the feminist movement

Walk GOOD!


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger