Friday, January 05, 2007

It's in the Words


The words you speak are very powerful and once they leave your lips they can not be taken back. That's why I try (try very hard) to not say bad shit about anyone or anything. The reason is that I'm not powerful enough to judge anyone, especially someone that breathes the same air as me. For me, I believe in God and know that their is one Creator and give praise when I open my eyes and I'm able to see the family. It's the little things in life that bring me so much joy and as I get older I realize even more and more that it truly is the little things.

Lately, people have been spittin' some serious venom about your boy SP. It's ALL Good because I know the truth. I have learned to forgive the haters because I know that when I close my eyes for the last time...my conscience will be clean.

Now, when I was thinking about the words that we use to describe sneakers, I began to think about the thousands of words and the connection to music, fashion and, of course, hip hop. This is just a sampling of what popped in my head:

I remember when attractive women were "fly" and great records were "da joint". Everything that involved sneakers and fitted baseball caps was "fresh". When something was better than "fresh" it was "stoopid" and even "stoopid fresh" or "def" when it wasn't "dope". When you wanted someone to believe what you were saying, "on the strength" showed your committment, though "word is bond" and, ultimately, "word" would work when you wanted to be succint. "Word" is a powerful affirmation when you were "droppin' science" or when you were "in effect" and "large". Fly women and a "dope" record always "got me open". I can go on for days but I'll stop now while I'm ahead.

So, be aware of the words that you speak and the words that you think. Positive vibes flow from OSD to you. Keepin' it Real since '05. PeACE!

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger