Thursday, June 21, 2007

Krunk Time?


In some unexpected news that I received in the form of a telephone call, word in ATL (Atlanta for the neophytes) is that my boy with the killer handle just became the head coach for the CBA team the Atlanta Krunk. Formerly known as the Atlanta Krunk Wolverines, thank goodness Freedom Williams changed the name, the Krunk are going to be led by the "wonder kid" Kenny Anderson.



Kenny Anderson, who played at Georgia Tech for two years, led the Yellow Jackets to the NCAA Final Four in 1990, playing with swingmen Dennis Scott and Brian Oliver, who as a combination were referred to as "Lethal Weapon 3". The Yellow Jackets lost to eventual Final Four Champions UNLV, a team that comprised of Larry Johnson, Greg Anthony, Stacey Augmon, George Ackles and Anderson Hunt.

I wish my left-handed friend good luck and I miss the days of playing at West 4th Street and tearing up the competition. For now, I'll be over here shouting, "GO Krunk!"

Kick of the day:


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger